Selling a home can be daunting, especially for first-timers. Usually, people turn to real estate agents to sell their properties. In this home sale method, they have to go through a lot of hassle and investment. As a result, selling a home can become a draining process both physically and financially.
On the other hand, selling houses to cash home buyers like Detroit Cash For Homes is quick and stress-free. This is because we buy houses in Ferndale as-is without any prior improvements and upgrades. At Detroit Cash For Homes, we take pride in helping and assisting homeowners in their home selling processes.
We get numerous questions from home sellers regularly. The most recent one that caught our attention is by Mr. Timson – “I am preparing to sell my house in Ferndale for cash. What are the things I should leave and take?” Many must be juggling between what to pack and what to leave behind. If you are one of them, you are on the right page.
Below, we have listed things you should leave behind when selling your home. Also, if you want to sell a house fast for cash in Ferndale, MI, Detroit Cash For Homes is your best bet.
- Anything that is bolted, nailed, and mounted – You should not remove fixtures. They are immovable elements of a home, including fences, built-in furniture, storage shed, etc. If you do so, it will create a glaring hole, which will reduce its aesthetic while affecting your home value.
- Leave landscaping as it is – You cannot touch the landscaping because it is part of the property. Please remember, a home with a landscape is more valuable. You can only dig up a plant if it is mentioned in the property listing as a special gift.
- Let go of window treatments – You might have recently spent a hefty amount installing customized, automated window treatments, but you cannot take them. Most people think that curtains are personal property. But they are attached, so you have to leave them.
- Do not touch anything anchored in the ground – Many homeowners get confused about whether they should pack other backyard items or not. If your backyard has anything anchored down, it should go with the house. For example, do not remove the basketball hoop fixed to the ground. As a rule of thumb, if it’s cemented to the ground, leave it as is.
- Lighting fixtures stay behind – Homebuyers make an offer based on what they saw on the evaluation day. Changing anything after that is illegal. If you have luxurious chandeliers in your house or any lighting fixtures with emotional sentiments, tell the cash home buyers about your intention to remove them. With this, they can make a fair cash offer.
These are the things you need to keep in mind when trying to sell your inherited house fast in Ferndale or any other property. If you sell your home to estate buyers in Ferndale, MI, you will have a quick, fair, and hassle-free home sale.
If you want to sell your house in Ferndale or need assistance regarding home sale, Detroit Cash For Homes has got you covered. We buy houses in Ferndale in any condition without repairs and renovations, staging, showings, commissions, and closing costs.