Upgrades are an essential step people take when selling their properties. No doubt, upgrading can boost your home value significantly. However, some updates can be a waste of money and time.
If you are undertaking upgrades to sell your house fast in Royal Oak, you must know these dos and don’ts. With this, you can take your property off the market without delays.
Home upgrades: The dos
- Paint – Adding a fresh coat of paint can instantly revive your house. The best thing is that it does not cost a fortune and can leave a lasting impression on your buyers by making your house look fresh and new. Also, it has a big impact on your home value. When painting the house, pick more neutral colors over dark ones to make the space look simple but spacious.
- Give your kitchen and bathroom a facelift – When potential buyers visit your home, they put the most focus on the kitchen and bathroom. Therefore, it makes sense to consider upgrades for these. For example, keeping your kitchen and bathroom neat and tidy is essential. Besides this, look for affordable updates like adding new drawer pulls and faucets, resurfacing your cabinets, etc. You can also change your bathroom tiles if they are old, stained, or dirty.
- Consider landscaping – A well-maintained and trimmed lawn can improve your home curb appeal in no time. Plus, you can plant seasonal flowers and low-maintenance succulents. A groomed yard can draw the attention of anyone while adding value to your property.
Home upgrades: The don’ts
- Avoid finishing the basement – Are you planning to finish the basement before listing your house on the market? Keep in mind that this can lead to delays and troubles with your budget. You might have the urge to turn your basement into a game room or an extra bedroom, but you should avoid it at all costs because it will not do you any good. It will only add to your budget.
- Do not add a pool, deck, or patio – If you think that by adding a pool or deck, you can sell your house fast in Royal Oak, you’re incorrect. This type of upgrade can be pricey. Moreover, you cannot get much return on this investment. So, there is no point in spending your hard-earned money on such invaluable upgrades.
Did you know that many buyers do not see pools as an attractive feature? After all, it can be potentially dangerous, especially for children and pets. For this reason, buyers do not always prefer buying houses with a pool. In addition, maintaining a pool is expensive and time-consuming.
The bottom line
Home upgrades can help you improve the value of your property and make it more pleasing to potential buyers, but some can be tough on your pockets. The best solution is to sell your house to cash home buyers like Detroit Cash For Homes. We buy houses in Royal Oak in as-is condition without cleaning, repairs, and upgrades. If your property needs any work, our team will handle it all. We can help you close the deal within seven days without investment.
If you want to get a free, no-obligation estimate, call us today!