Did you know 11% of closing delays occur because of title defects?
In most cases, homeowners are not aware of title issues until they decide to sell their properties. A title defect is nothing but a threat to the ownership of a current owner to sell a house.
If you want to sell your house fast in Royal Oak, you need to clear the title of your home. After this, you can transfer the ownership to your prospective seller. Below, we have explained ways to resolve title issues and sell your house. Before that, our professionals at Detroit Cash For Homes will list common title defects. It includes:
- Bankruptcy filings
- Unpaid taxes
- Child support liens
- Public records errors
- Contractor liens
- Frauds and forgeries
- Boundary disputes
- Illegal deeds
- Negative impersonation of the previous owner
- Spousal support liens
- Missing heirs
- Other unknown liens
Let us explore how to resolve title defects on your house and sell a Royal Oak home fast.
- Clear your debts – The fastest way to resume your home sale is by paying off your debts immediately. With this, you can clear the title issues while avoiding further delays.
- Use home sale proceeds – If you cannot afford to pay off your debts, you have an option to use home sale proceeds. In this case, your realtor will mention the lien in your settlement agreement. Once the deal is closed, it will be deducted from your sale price.
- Take out a bond – Another way to resolve title defects is by taking out a bond. It is again helpful if you do not have money to cover your lien. Please remember, it can be an expensive option, especially if you are selling your home for cash equity. The bond serves as a security for the lien. As a result, you can go ahead and close the deal.
- Dispute the lien – If you think the title defect is not your mistake, you can go for disputing the lien. For this, you need to hire a property attorney for further assistance.
If you cannot afford both time and money to clear your home title, hire Royal Oak estate home buyers like Detroit Cash For Homes. We buy houses in all seasons and any condition, even title defects.
Once you hand over your property to us, rest assured our professionals will handle everything for you. For example, if it requires any work, you need not worry because we buy houses in Royal Oak as-is. Besides this, we have contact with title companies and property attorneys. They can suggest the best and quickest way to resolve title defects and avoid closing delays. We do not waste time in other processes like staging, listing, appraisals, etc. Did we mention Detroit Cash For Homes never asks for commissions, closing costs, or any other fee?
If you are wondering “how to sell my house fast in Royal Oak?” you know where to go. We buy houses without repairs and renovations. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.